MOOSE135 PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Slipping the Surly Bonds with Dazzlin' Deb

I was at the American Airpower Museum on Sunday, when Paul Farber says "I'm going flying, want to come along?" Well, you don't have to ask me twice. Paul owns a beautiful T-6 Texan, which he keeps at the museum.





We departed Republic Airport and headed down to the south shore of the Island.







A trip east along Great South Bay, and we were soon arriving at Bayport Aerodrome, a small grass field, and home to a number of historic aircraft.





After a short visit at Bayport, we were back in the air, heading home.







What a fun way to spend an afternoon! Paul let me do much of the flying - while I was busy looking for traffic, watching for landmarks so I could figure out where we were, and trying to keep an eye on the instruments, I made sure to take a few moments and soak in the experience - the sound of the radial engine, the feel of the controls, and the amazing sight of looking out the canopy, seeing blue sky, puffy clouds, and a brilliant sun overhead.

It's a beautiful airplane, flies well, and sounds spectacular! Thanks Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment