MOOSE135 PHOTOGRAPHY

Sunday, March 21, 2010

To the Wilds of Pennsylvania

Had to work last Sunday, but that meant Friday off, and a three day weekend with forecasts of perfect shooting weather! What do they say about "the best laid plans..."? Thursday night I found I had to head off to Pennsylvania to deal with "family matters". That meant hitting the road Friday morning for the familiar ride across New Jersey and into the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania. I did leave the Mighty Stratus at home, making the trip in the Liberty, which I don't drive often. I had to take a quick trip through Hickory Run State Park, and did a little "off-roading" - well, I parked in an unpaved parking area so I could get this "Off Road" shot.



While I didn't have too much time for photography, I check out a few parks in the Wilkes-Barre area. This unfortunate driver ended up pulled over by a park ranger - how embarrassing!



But these folks were enjoying the sunny warm weather...



Kirby Park, on the Susquehanna River, is part of a series of riverfront parks in Wilkes-Barre. Rolling down hills was never this much fun when I was growing up!



And again, my fixation with railroad tracks...



And we were treated to a beautiful sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment