MOOSE135 PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, September 10, 2010

The End of the Road

Today marks the end of my tenure with the US Census Bureau. I was hired in November 2009 to work on the Decennial Census, and moved up to the position of Assistant Manager for Administration in the Locust Valley office in February of this year.

Today, was the last day for Locust Valley office – all that is left is for the movers to come and pick up the files, computers, and furniture. It has been quite an experience, one that I will never forget. The work was challenging, and I never lost sight of the importance of what we were doing in service of the United States and our local communities.

But for me, what made the job so rewarding was the incredible people I had the opportunity to work with. A relatively small group came together, and in a few short months accomplished some amazing things. We can all be proud of the work we did on the Census, I know I am grateful for the many fine people I came to know and call friends.

Now it is on to new challenges - first and foremost securing gainful employment again, but I enter this next phase of life bolstered by the experiences and friendships of my days with the Census.

No comments:

Post a Comment