MOOSE135 PHOTOGRAPHY

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Best of Intentions

Several months ago, I was contacted by a gentleman writing an article for a Canadian aviation magazine. To accompany his piece on radar systems to detect bird activity, he requested the use of this photo of mine from the crash of US Airways Flight 1549.


I was offered the magazine's standard fee of $25 for photo usage, along with a copy of the magazine once it was published. Recently, I received the check from the magazine publishers. Taking it to the bank this weekend, I ran into a bit of a problem. Seems the check was (naturally) drawn on a Canadian bank. My bank told me it would cost me $40 for them to cash it, since it came from a foreign bank. Since I didn't want to end up $15 behind in the deal, I decided the check will become a souvenir of the event. It will go nicely with the Red Light Camera ticket I got from New York City the night of the crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment